Saturday, December 29, 2007

The girl who was...

To maintain the general temperament of the blog, I decided to include a piece of mine which would leave most poets turning in their graves. But what the heck.. so here goes it goes...

The look on my face says it all
yet again a girl has made my heart stall
as i walked in air
i cudnt help but stare

the cycle begins yet again
not realising the end pain.
i laughed away the past
overpassing the time i ended up in a cast

Then......she turned, and i caught her eye
suddenly she flashed a smile.
The temperature inside soared sky high
and next i knew, i was kissing the stile

I made a dash towards her
and blew a kiss on the spur
a heavy hand came upon me and made birds twitter in my head
regaining conciousness, I found myself in bed

grinning, my friend explained,
that only recently her boyfriend had maimed
the local dada for having made a pass
for commenting something crass

just as i sat cursing my fate
the nurse walked in pushing the medicine crate
"wow", i exclaimed and began feigning pain
my friend slapped his forehead and sighed, 'Not again'

1 comment:

Mohawk said...

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human(Male)mind to process anything when confronted with the sight of a pretty girl......